Friday, October 7, 2011

Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas

I first came across this recipe during school last year.  One of my friend's had it in her email and we all watched it...it looked sooo good!  I tried it exactly as said by Curtis the first time and it was good.  It really was, but my mouth was on FIRE!  I've since adapted it so it has the good flavor and still a small bite.

Filling:
3 T Olive oil
1 onion (red is suggested but yellow tames it a little too)
salt/pepper to taste
3 cloves garlic finely chopped
5 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped (I use half a can and try to get some seeds out before chopping)
3 vine-ripened tomatoes (or I use two cans tomatoes with green chiles, way easier)
3 green onions thinly chopped (I buy a big pack, chop them and freeze them so I can use them for different recipes without always having them fresh...it works great)
1 T. honey
3 C. coarsely shredded chicken breast
Tortillas (I like mine homemade)
cheese (cheddar or whatever)
sour cream
avocados (optional)
cilantro (optional)

Heat olive oil (or normal oil), add onion and salt/pepper on medium heat for about 3 minutes or until tender.  Add in garlic and stir for another 2 minutes.  The onions should be transparent by now.  Add chipotle chiles and tomatoes and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.  Mix in green onions, honey, and chicken.
To compile the quesadillas, heat a griddle on medium heat.


Put however much filling you like on your tortilla and top with cheese and then a second tortilla. 
Then flip.

Take one side off real quick and spread around some sour cream, and avocados and cilantro if you have them.  I think this made about 8 or 9...but it all depends how much filling you put in.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment